Quick and Dirty
If you like to explore with the ultimate destination being your own private hideaway the Autana 3 is your basecamp where you and your teammate will sleep in luxurious comfort.
- Renter: This easy to use tent will give you confidence and comfort to find new places to call home for the weekend.
- Owner: The Autana 3 provides a year-round mobile encampment, sleek enough to leave installed for last-minute adventures, and light enough for quick removal using the buddy system and easy to store.
The Autana 3 pops up in 10 minutes, its 2.5” high-density oversized foam mattress provides excellent comfort for you and a partner (or two). The shelter this provides from bugs, rain, snow or sun will always put a smile on your face.
This tent fits a wide variety of vehicles, it’s easy to use, excellent quality materials and exceptional comfort.
The Nitty Gritty
The Tepui Autana 3 is an exceptional tent for 2-3 people up top and an additional 2-3 more people with the fully enclosed annex. That’s a shelter for up to 6 people with 1 tent that’s fully enclosed from the elements. Alternatively, you can throw a few camp chairs in the annex’s 56 sq ft, and enjoy a bug-free dinner. Note that the Annex functions best on a vehicle with a rail height of 72”. This is due to the height of the annex sagging on lower vehicles, which can allow water to seep in from the bottom due to the extra material.
The heavy-duty 260 g Polyester Cotton; 600D ripstop water-resistant fabric helps you stay nice and cozy on cool/wet evenings, and when it’s hot and dry open a few of the 6 zippered panels and let the fresh air drift through. In 2 days of constant rain day and night, the tent with the rainfly on kept our gear and us dry.
With all the panels closed, it’s really dark inside, which is great for sleeping or watching a movie on the iPad. You’ll enjoy the included Lander Lantern for setting up the tent, reading or just hanging out planning the step in your adventure.
The elevation of the rooftop tent gives you a new perspective on camping and accessibility of where you can camp. It takes you up above critters and creatures of all sizes to keep you feeling more secure. If you can find a fairly level spot that’s just about 2 cars width you can throw up the tent and have an excellent nights sleep.
- Pro Tips:
- This is light enough for 1 very strong person to lift, however, it’s size is too unwieldy to safely lift, best to make this a 2-person job.
- Provides excellent water protection, and dries pretty quickly given some sun and/or a dry breeze, give it an hour in these conditions and you’re good to go.
- Store completely dry and clean. It can be leaned on its side.
- Is it a dry night? Remove the rain fly and open the sky windows to the best view.
- If you like to sleep-in, don’t forget to close the panel on the sky windows, man they let a lot of light in!
- The initial installation will take about an hour. After that, it only takes 10-15 minutes to take it on or off.
- Bring your bear spray or other personal safety items up in the tent with you.
- Bring a shovel as the perfect tool to level the vehicle wherever you choose to park. We’ve found that up to 5* hasn’t effected our sleep (though I’d keep head higher than feet).
- Hide 2-3 bikes or other gear in the annex.
- Tent and Installation
- Sheet Set
- Rumpl Blanket
- Lander Rechargeable Lantern and Powerbank
- Foldable Step Stool
- Hanging Boot Bag
What you’ll need for use with the tent:
- Car with compatible roof rack
Outside Dims Closed: 56 x 48 x 12”
Outside Dims Open: 56 x 122 x 52”
Inside Dims: 56 x 96”
Weight: 150 lbs.
Setup time: 10-15 minutes
Mounting System: Mounts to some factory bars, and most Yakima, Thule or other 3rd party rack systems. The vehicle and rack system must allow Dynamic Weight of 150 lbs or more.
Color Options – Rental tent is Green. It also comes in Tan and Siberian Camo.
Preferred car fitments: Best fit is a midsized wagon/SUV or larger -- Subaru Outback, Toyota Highlander or Honda CR-V.
Retail Price - $2149.95